Thursday, September 18, 2008
A hyponymy anyone?
Here's a new word for the day.
HYPONYMY
Pop over to John Hewitt's blog to read more or try out his poetry prompt..."I’d like to talk about hyponymy for two reasons," he says. "The first reason is that it can be a fun thing to play with in your poetry. The second reason is that it is the only word I know with three Ys in it. Hyponymy is the use of subsets of related words, most of which have a superordinate (parent) term."
"Today’s Poetry Prompt
Either use a set of hyponyms as the structure for your poem or write a poem around the phrase, “He was blue, she was a rabbit.” Either way, I look forward to seeing what you come up with."
HYPONYMY
Pop over to John Hewitt's blog to read more or try out his poetry prompt..."I’d like to talk about hyponymy for two reasons," he says. "The first reason is that it can be a fun thing to play with in your poetry. The second reason is that it is the only word I know with three Ys in it. Hyponymy is the use of subsets of related words, most of which have a superordinate (parent) term."
"Today’s Poetry Prompt
Either use a set of hyponyms as the structure for your poem or write a poem around the phrase, “He was blue, she was a rabbit.” Either way, I look forward to seeing what you come up with."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment